RESEARCH TODAY PUBLICATION IS CALLING FOR YOUR ENTRIES
ARE YOU (OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW) DOING RESEARCH ABOUT VET OR RESEARCH AND INNOVATION WITH AND FOR INDUSTRY & COMMUNITY PARTNERS???
This is a chance to share your work with others in our community of practice! Practitioner-based and applied research is the focus of Research Today. It is the forum where VET practitioners share the innovative skills and knowledge creation projects that they are working on, often in partnership with industry and community. AVETRA hopes that the dissemination of VET practitioner research methods and outcomes will help to build the capacity of the whole sector.
Research Today is released twice a year with publication usually in the months of May and October. The most recent edition is on the AVETRA website: https://www.avetra.org.au/data/Research_today_May_2021.pdf
On behalf of AVETRA’s President Steven Hodge, I am excited to invite contributions for the next Research Today magazine:
- Articles should be of around 1000-1500 words and on topics of interest to AVETRA members and the wider VET community (including researchers, academics, VET practitioners and other stakeholders).
- Articles on VET practitioner-led and applied research are especially welcome.
- Articles should include the aims of the research, how information was collected, and key findings.
- If you refer to academic literature, your piece should include the references and a reference list.
- If you refer to information owned by your industry or community partner, it is vital that the partner has granted permission for you to submit your article.
Contributions are due by Thursday 23 September 2021.
If you or your colleagues would like to contribute to the magazine, then please contact Andrew Williamson via email email@example.com or phone 0400 403 755 for more information. Please promote this call for content to your colleagues and networks!
I hope someone seeing this invitation on this site will have some interesting contribution to make. GOOD LUCK!!! And remember to reach out to other researchers by contacting us here at AVETRA Educator Hub if there is someway we might be able to help.
1 thought on “Chance to Share Your Research”
Great to see the on going Research and the Educator Hub’s development.
I’m wondering if some one might like to do some Research on the possible critical role of TAFE College sites being reactivated and fitted for purpose to provide vaccine centers and health education and community centers for the better equipping of local and regional communities on the road to recovery and on going support given the impacts of COVID.
I recall some TAFE Colleges being repurposed in the 1940s as part of the WWII efforts. They worked three shifts as they were organized to help engage the war effort.
Just thinking aloud about the possibilities to repurpose TAFE sites and to fill in some of the gaps that are becoming apparent due to the Sydney Lock Down and the impacts of COVID 19.